Corporate Governance is core to ensuring the creation, protection and enhancement of value within Virtus Health.
The Board is responsible for setting and reviewing the strategic direction of Virtus Health and monitoring the implementation of that strategy by Executive Management. The Board also maintains, and requires that Executive Management maintain, the highest level of corporate ethics.
The Board comprises a majority of Directors who, together with the CEO, have an appropriate balance of skills, experience and expertise to ensure that the business provides the very best in patient care and outcomes through the consolidation and growth of its medical and scientific expertise.
In addition, the Virtus Health Board:
- Lays solid foundations for management and oversight
- Is structured to add value
- Promotes ethical and responsible decision-making
- Safeguards the integrity of financial reporting
- Makes timely and balanced disclosure
- Respects the rights of shareholders
- Recognises and manages risk, and
- Remunerates fairly and responsibly.
The Board undertakes an annual review of its performance, and that of its Committees, and periodically engages the assistance of external consultants to facilitate formal Board performance reviews.