Our doctors and staff are clear leaders in their field. Our team includes some of the pioneers in IVF research and treatment and many of our leading clinicians teach at universities in Australia and Ireland to ensure the future of this profession. Our clinicians and scientists are highly published in scientific and clinical journals and papers and are strongly represented in speaking engagements at conferences around the world.
The level of expertise in our medical staff is highlighted with 8 professors of Reproductive Medicine in the team and many of our Australian doctors holding the local sub specialist CREI accreditation.
Virtus Health hosts regular medical meetings, ensuring that all doctors, scientists and clinical support staff benefit from the wide expertise around different aspects of laboratory and clinical infertility practice.
Opportunities for ongoing professional development
We are a recognised centre for the training of registrars and fellows undertaking the sub-specialist training in reproductive medicine in Australia, and enjoy close collaboration with Australia’s leading medical faculties. Our Sims IVF Clinic in Ireland is held in high esteem by Ireland’s Royal College of Surgeons as a training ground for future medical specialists.
This allows us to hand pick the finest graduates and nurture their skills as they become trained as fertility specialists, in turn allowing us to maintain the highest standards in all our clinics.
We actively encourage:
- Secondments or attachments to Virtus Health clinicians for intensive training
- Online access to clinical protocols and procedures, and training documents, and
- Masters of Reproductive Medicine, an online course overseen by Professor Bill Ledger (IVFAustralia & UNSW).
Scientific and diagnostic training
You can complete your initial training with any of our IVF, specialist pathology and andrology laboratories in Australia, and receive training in ongoing specialist tasks and techniques. This will include:
- Structured laboratory training, assessment and benchmarking for a range of embryo lab procedures
- Manuals for witnessing and other risk minimisation strategies
- Specialist lab management support, and
- Scientific training modules and competency assessments.
Nursing & Counseling training
Intensive training programs and clinical competency programs including:
- Fertility nursing specialisation with ongoing internal training
- Continuous integration of nursing with advancing clinical protocols
- Weekly cross-functional information nights, and
- Participation in the training programs run by the Fertility Nurses of Australasia (FNA).
To find out more, visit our Career Opportunities page...